• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

passenger side air bad removal

ok guys my truck has sufferd from the dash caving in:banghead: and i found a replacemen dash and bezel i will get as soon as money allows:broke:my question is once i have disconnected the batteries for at least 15 min to dis charge the air bags how do i get the passenger side bag out:shrug:i dont want to break any more interior peices sence it seemes dodge had a issue with there plactics:doh:

sorry title was suppost to say passenger side air bag removal :doh:fat fingers and fast typing lead to that mistake:banghead: but anyway has anyone done this does the air bag bolt in or just snap im or what:shrug:im in dire need of a dash as mine only has a few sharp peices left the rest fell in:cry:

CAUSE IRRITATION TO THESKIN AND EYES.

(1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negativecable. If either of the airbags has not been deployed,wait two minutes for the system capacitor to dischargebefore further service.(2) Remove the glove box from the instrumentpanel. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/GLOVE BOX - REMOVAL).(3) Remove the glove box opening upper trim fromthe instrument panel. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENTPANEL/GLOVE BOX OPENING UPPERTRIM - REMOVAL).(4) Remove the four screws that secure the twoplastic support brackets for the passenger airbagdoor panel outlet housing to the glove box openingupper reinforcement.(5) Reach through and above the glove box openingto access and disconnect the passenger airbag pigtailwire connector from the instrument panel wire harness(Fig. 17).(6) Remove the two screws that secure the passengerairbag front bracket to the instrument panelstructural support (Fig. 18).(7) Remove the three screws that secure the passengerairbag rear bracket to the glove box openingupper reinforcement.(8) Using a trim stick or another suitable wide flatbladedtool and starting at the lower left edge, gentlypry the passenger airbag door away from the instrumentpanel far enough to disengage the five moldedtabs and snap retainers securing it to the receptaclesin the instrument panel top cover (Fig. 19).(9) Remove the passenger airbag, the airbag door,and the panel outlet housing and barrel assemblies

from the instrument panel as a unit.