• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift Pump Relay Mod?

I'm usually pretty good at using search or google to find stuff but I can't find this.People keep referring to an article/post from Michael concerning a LP relay mod but I can't find it anywhere.Does anyone have a link or know where it is?Thank you in advance!

So I'll have the pusher/big line kit from Vulcan soon and I want to switch the LP power source from the ECM to a direct 12v supply. I figure I should also add the 'interrupt' relay to stop the LP when the engine is cranking. How does the attached diagram look? Any problems?* Sorry in advance for the crappy drawing. :)

LP Power and Interrupt.pdf

• Like 1

When I had my AirDog installed... I cut the leads off the OEM lift pump to plug into the truck harness for the relay trigger. Soldered & liquid tape to seal the connection. The main power for the new lift pump relay is off a hot lead from the battery. Best of both worlds.

• Like 1

• Owner

So I'll have the pusher/big line kit from Vulcan soon and I want to switch the LP power source from the ECM to a direct 12v supply. I figure I should also add the 'interrupt' relay to stop the LP when the engine is cranking. How does the attached diagram look? Any problems? * Sorry in advance for the crappy drawing. :)

Not a bad idea... Good design... :wink:
  • Like 1