• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty settings

I purchased a smarty S06 pod have it set at the following. SW 5Speed lim stockTorque 2Rail 1WG offI feel after I put these setting on the turbo has been running header and the miles have gotten worse. 12.5 city to 14.5 at 70 mpg with tail wind. I was hoping for improved mileage. Does anyone know why it went down and what is the best setting?Timing 2

Have you added any "lead" to your right foot since you downloaded your Smarty??? It's real easy to get a negative first impression from the Smarty after you feel the improved "throttle response" and "low end power"!!!!!!! I have the Smarty Revo. I run default settings on SW5. Works for me. Even with winter fuel I've averaged 18-19mpg running to a fro from Missouri last month.Check to see if your Smarty didn't come with a "Frankenstein" right foot weight that you never intended to install!!! Hehehe!!

That's the weird thing. I have only gotten on it three times since I put it in and haven't recorded the mileage. I drive by psi and it's hard to keep it low now. I got reading about too much timing in another post so I bumped it down to SW 4 and for the first 50 miles it seems to drive much better. Before the lie o meter was saying about 16.3 which is usually about 1.5 to 2 off. After the switch the first 50 miles at 75, it shows 19.4. I'm not sure if this will stay higher or not but I have high hopes.

• Staff

My lie-o-meter varies from 8% to 33% off, so you can't really use them as an indicator. What was the timing set at on SW5? If you are seeing more boost than normal you are driving it harder. I would try SW3 TM2, TQ 1 or 2, RP1, WG Off and see what you get. With advanced timing your boost goes down per hp, and with advanced timing your economy goes up. That is if you can keep your foot out of it. I would pick a setting and drive it normal for a while, it's not uncommon for people to drive harder than they think when enjoying the new power.