• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Question About Mikes Wood

dorkweed

We have all seen your pix of your mega-loads of firewood. We never see any small stuff. I was wondering how "small" you go as far as wood for your stove goes. I've been keeping everything 2" in diameter and over................just because I want to have "dry" wood for next winter.Just curious!!!Thanks.

This will be interesting. I have crammed logs so big in ours it wouldn't fit in the door and I have to kick it and chisel at it and keep dragging the stove back since it's not bolted to the floor. In the end I am not sure chopping it in half exerts more effort. Burns longer though so more time in between choppings :lmao:

• Owner

I split up good big chunks that bare fit through the door and the I cut up "Woman Wood" the small stuff that only women would pick up. I've done the same thing here get a chunk almost in the door of the stove and get wedged up and give it a shift kick and slam the door shut... :rolleyes:Then there is a few chunks that are just half rounds for the fireplace which will take 4 foot long logs... But since thats just over kill I just split a few manly pieces for it.

I split up good big chunks that bare fit through the door and the I cut up "Woman Wood" the small stuff that only women would pick up. I've done the same thing here get a chunk almost in the door of the stove and get wedged up and give it a shift kick and slam the door shut... :rolleyes: Then there is a few chunks that are just half rounds for the fireplace which will take 4 foot long logs... But since thats just over kill I just split a few manly pieces for it.

I hear you, Mike!! I know you burn mostly "soft wood" being as where you're at. I guess from you description, I scrounged mostly "women wood" today!!!!!! Around my parts........especially in my neighborhood, it's mostly volunteer ash and maple...........and a whole bunch of 75+year old oak trees!!! I scrounged up another 1/2face from where I've been getting wood down my street: twas all small stuff mostly. But that spot is about dead now............I don't want to deal with the twigs in the canopy part of the tree to get the rest of the 2-4inch logs. It's "technically" in the "median" anyhow!!!! Granted, it's free game in the median........but with all the small twigs and such..........the rest won't be worth the time IMHO!!! Thanks!!