• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

my clutch?

i noticed 2 days ago my transmission got REAL hard to shift gears. well not out of gear, but into gear. i started double pump'n and it is better. i have nv4500 and i checked fluid levels(clutch master and trans). the trans fluid was full and still pretty clear. i flushed the fluid 30-40k ago and filled with dealership fluid. i noticed that the slave cyclinder doesn't have a bleeder valve. the chilton book says the hydraulics are sealed and don't need to be bleed.so...does it sound like the clutch is wore or like i need to bleed?

and the man of the hour is mopar1973man!!!!!i removed the MC and SC and res and hose(broke the body clip in the process. took it all apart and drained out ALL the fluid. it had a slight yellowish tint to it. then i pressed the SC's pin in and filled with fluid as i slowly let the pin out(to draw the fluid in). the i put the res on the hose and let gravity bleed the hose. connected the hose to the SC. then tried unsuccessfully to fill the MC. i connected the MC and res to hose, filled the res, and pumped the SC's pin until i could not hear echo in MC. bolted everything up and presto!i used the same parts because every part store in town had to special order them(2 business days) and wanted almost 90 bucks a cylinder before tax. DAY and NIGHT difference! before i could barely shift with the pedal on the floor and it would "catch" less than an inch on the way up.now it shifts easily and it "catches" right at the top. i almost killed it the first time backing out the drive. LOL thank you mopar1973man. you saved me at least 150 dollars. if you are ever this way, call me cause i owe you a 12pack

• Owner

I understand why the slave cylinder doesn't have bleeder screw is because the air bubble would rather travel upwards but there is a curl in the line right at the cowling which happens to be higher than the Master Cyl so no matter if you had a bled screw it would take quite a bit to get the air bubble to go down hill..