• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody change the carpet and dash?

Sometime this year I need to get a carpet set (mine was factory vinyl floor) and my dash is in about six pieces... Anybody buy carpet from Rock Auto? I am thinking of getting it from there.Anybody swap their dash out before? I am dreading taking that thing apart. What other stuff should I change while I have the dash out? The heater core is original, and I am planning on Dyno-Matting the crap out of the firewall, doors and floor for sound proofing.

The dash doesnt seem that hard to me. Are you replacing it with one from LMC?

LMC? I haven't sourced one yet. Can you recommend a supplier? From when I looked before I think I recall finding them on Geno's Garage, but not many other places.

I've taken the carpet out of mine a few times and put it back in...not hard. I would think a molded replacement carpet would be easier to install though. As for the dash...from what I've read, I'll be going with LMC complete replacement when I'm ready and opinion on difficulty seems relative lol!Good luck and let us know how it goes!