• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ubuntu Linux to Windows Vista Printing...

• Owner

Ok this is point more so at Rogan if he's floating around... I managed to get the Canon printer to print on both computers booted in linux no problem. But now say I want to run Windows Vista and I'm hooked to the printer. So I've got another printer driver load on Mom's Linux to print using Samba Windows... for some reason it has a error with the printer filter. I've read somewhere there is a firewall issue that needs to be delt with... How I'm not sure yet... :banghead:This works...Printer <------ Mopar1973Man (Linux) <----------> MoparMom (Linux)This doesn't... Mine will print fine but Mom's errors out... :duh:Printer <------ Mopar1973Man (Windows Vista) <----------> MoparMom (Linux)

Ok this is point more so at Rogan if he's floating around... I managed to get the Canon printer to print on both computers booted in linux no problem. But now say I want to run Windows Vista and I'm hooked to the printer. So I've got another printer driver load on Mom's Linux to print using Samba Windows... for some reason it has a error with the printer filter. I've read somewhere there is a firewall issue that needs to be delt with... How I'm not sure yet... :banghead:

This works...

Printer <------ Mopar1973Man (Linux) <----------> MoparMom (Linux)

This doesn't... Mine will print fine but Mom's errors out... :duh:

Printer <------ Mopar1973Man (Windows Vista) <----------> MoparMom (Linux)

I ASSuME that the printer in green scenario is tailed/shared off your Linux box. Both you and mom can print?

In the red, mom can't print to the MS-tailed printer via Linux, through your Vista box? Which box's firewall? The MS or LX?

Is this correct?

Read on this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/print_utility/troubleshooting/guide/PrntUtil.html and let me know if that describes your issue, etc. Let me know.

--- Update to the previous post...

OH, additionally:

Check your CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) service and configs (usually /etc/samba/smb.conf)

Good read: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8618

Do you have the full Samba server package installed?