• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Valve body harness connector

Somehow I managed to break the black plastic bit that the clips on the connector engage to hold in place, and so my transmission is hanging on by nothing more than simple friction. I know I, going to have to drop the valve body to replace it, my question is this: where the heck do I get the connector?

• Staff

I have that same problem in another spot. It seems those retainer clips break too easy. Can you get some zip strips all the way around to tie it on that way?I'm looking for ideas to solve this too. I got a bad one on my 1st get ignition switch, afraid it will fall off and shut down the engine in traffic.

I have that same problem in another spot. It seems those retainer clips break too easy. Can you get some zip strips all the way around to tie it on that way? I'm looking for ideas to solve this too. I got a bad one on my 1st get ignition switch, afraid it will fall off and shut down the engine in traffic.

Well, we've got it 'retained' with some thin, aluminum wire creatively wrapped around the connector and down to the body of the transmission. You can pull on it quite hard before it moves, but not as hard as you could if, say, both clips were engaged. I really don't want to add this to the growing list of "crap to check every couple weeks." :duh: