• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Code 0P500

Posted a couple days ago reference subject code. Did the key trick again this AM and the code still shows. However, my Scan Gauge and 2 Hand Held gauges did not pick it up. I'm the original owner (90k miles on truck) and have not any problems with codes before Had the not scanned for code in about three years. Had a transmission fluid change last week which I think included a T/C flush also. I have noticed my tranny temp in the 190 to 200 range since which is a bit higher than it was running before. If I'm not wrong it was running well below 170 towing.

Have a 3k mile r/t set up to begin Monday so If I need to get something done any advice will be greatly appreciated. I going to get another scan from Auto Zone now. Panic time????!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just went to Auto Zone and again no code showed up. The guy did a clear on the computer. Did a road test and the Cruise Control works. I guess I will just quit worrying about it and keep a close eye on my tranny temp.

MOHOK

Mohok, Did you read the thread I linked you to between Micheal and I? Here it is again. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/6040-Key-trick-VS-scanner-code-reader-and-laptop-do-not-agree Micheal had me actually give it a code (remove the ECT sensor, located between the valve cover and the top radiator hose/fill neck). I was then able to delete ALL the codes. I wrote down the exact procedure I used to do it. Somehow it appears that codes will Ghost in the PCM, but somehow the scanner won't clear them, UNTIL it really has something to clear. GL HTH Hag

Hag, yes I did. Hopefully is was a "ghost" as it is not showing up since my visit to Auto Zone (code remove by Auto Zone) early this AM. Will check it ever morning for a few days. I sent you a private msg after you responded to my first post and I also sent one to Michael this AM. However, my PC must have a problem. There is no copy in my Sent file. Thanks for your responses. I'm a bit mechanically challenged but I do have a basic under standing of the operational aspects of my truck. I have expanded my knowledge considerably by monitoring this Forum. Michael is to be commended for his efforts to educate the masses via this Forum. Howard King Manning SC

Mohok, Did you read the thread I linked you to between Micheal and I? Here it is again. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/6040-Key-trick-VS-scanner-code-reader-and-laptop-do-not-agree Micheal had me actually give it a code (remove the ECT sensor, located between the valve cover and the top radiator hose/fill neck). I was then able to delete ALL the codes. I wrote down the exact procedure I used to do it. Somehow it appears that codes will Ghost in the PCM, but somehow the scanner won't clear them, UNTIL it really has something to clear. GL HTH Hag

mohok,I agree! Micheal has definitely helped broaden my understanding.Sorry I never got your message!!!! (I will send you one to see if you get it.)I was not sure if you had seen the other post. Glad all is good right now!!Hag