• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil Leak - what part is it

So have a small leak on the passengers side of the block up front near the oil filter and front of the block.

That big funny shaped (almost rectangular thing) thats closer to the front of the block than the oil filter or the heater block. Passenger side.

How hard to take off and replace gasket - etc ......

- - - Updated - - -

So have a small leak on the passengers side of the block up front near the oil filter and front of the block.

That big funny shaped (almost rectangular thing) thats closer to the front of the block than the oil filter or the heater block. Passenger side.

How hard to take off and replace gasket - etc ......

Very front of the passanger side of the block (kinda rectangular running up and down)

http://roadmasterengineworld.com/images/dodge%20cummins%20engine.jpg

Oil filter might bolt onto it ..... haven't checked but close

You must be talking about the oil cooler?

Posted Image

Or is it the turbo drain line down lower?

thats it !! :) Hows it work.

IS #4 or #6 a gasket ?

It leaks at bottom. Have tightened down the bolts and will see .....

how hard to pull and fix ?

Drain all your coolant and just remove the cooler from the side of the block. That why I don't really think it the oil cooler right off because the coolant should of been leaking first before the oil. But I could be wrong... :sofa:

hmm ok I get what your saying. I'll clean down the side of the block and make sure its not from something else ..... sure does look like it thoguh .... wonder if the oil passes over the outside of the cooler ... so inside seal is intact .... but outside seal for oil passage is a little weak.