• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Filter change

I am curios how often you guys change out your FASS fuel filters? I have a 95 series with upgraded Donaldson FF/FS and the Baldwin FWS. Been running those filters for about 9 months now. No pressure drop since I have installed them. Drained them a couple of times but no water present. Thanks ahead of time. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sm4dni 2003 Ram with gauges and a Smarty! Not much more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Owner

Well on my AirDog it might be 30-40K miles (every 3rd or 4th oil change) before the filter gets changed and the Prefilter and Water seperator get changed every 5 years. The stock OE filter gets changed every 100K miles. I checked the stock OE filter at 50K miles and it was still rather white looking!

• Staff

With a pressure gauge I will run my filter for 30K miles, 18 months, or until I get a pressure drop. The pressure drop is pump dependent. I go to about 2 psi on my setup, on a AD or FASS it would be 2-3 psi below the new filter WOT/rated rpm pressure.

With a pressure gauge I will run my filter for 30K miles, 18 months, or until I get a pressure drop. The pressure drop is pump dependent. I go to about 2 psi on my setup, on a AD or FASS it would be 2-3 psi below the new filter WOT/rated rpm pressure.

What would be the WOT/rated rpm pressure for the Donaldson P553203? My pressure is sitting at 11psi and may drop to 10-10.5 when I press the go pedal.