• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Hey has anyone had problems with reading error codes with a ScanGauge II? I'm kind of wondering about this. Being that I got one and had a guy stop me and ask about error codes on his 2001 Dodge Cummins. Well I did the scan with the SG II and came up with only 1 code a P0216 (yeah the death code). But the owner asked me if there was a way to do it without a scanner? So I should hime the key trick... Guess what??? The SG II missed a bunch of codes!!! PPCU - P1693, P0500, P1682 PECU - P0522, P0523, P0216, P1693... :ahh: Felt like a dumb arse standing in front of a guy with a tool I swear by that missed the entire boat load of codes...:eek: So have any of you had this occur with other readers or with your SG II?

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well its only a one time thing on this particual truck...:confused: I can pull a MAP sensor or IAT sensor cause a code(s) on mine and pick them all up... I'm clueless... I'm wondering it it has something to do with the 2001 key trick problem... But even then the key trick showed all codes... :bang: Maybe I call them on Monday and see what up...:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Michael did you ever find out what was up with the 2001 thing? Mine always shows the 1693 and nothing else.. says its done. but the engine light is on and when I go to autozone and check for codes it always shows them... I was looking at buy that scan gauge... Advise would be appreciated...