• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

20 micron W/F separator in front of Raptor?

I'm not an expert on this, and have decided to install the Fass lift pump on mine at a later date. In checking into this and wanting to do it all at once, I found out this little info when calling Fass. You can install a larger high quality filter before the pump and this will protect it. But it will also make the pump work harder pulling from the tank. They come with a pre-filter that stops debris from the suction inlet, (but not at a very very small micron), thus protecting the gears. Why make it work harder and possibly wear early ?

Don't even have a screen on the Raptor but Glacier said pretty much the same thing about not putting a filter in front of the pump. With all the reports of these things getting debris in the gears and seizing I thought I'd try to prevent it but I guess not. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure of the micron size it handles, but it's the old style metal can style in-line filter they use. You can buy them at AutoZone or Napa all day. They look like the type they used on the 50's and 60's chevy, about 2 1/2" long and 1 1/2" diameter with an inlet / outlet on each side, and very cheap.Sorry, it's an FF3248 and can be bought at Napa. Here's their filter info.

FF 3248.pdf