• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hey guy's any info on Fuel Boss/MITUSA mechanical fuel pumps?I just e-mailed mitusa for cost,spec. and install info. the info i have found it works like oil pump.how often do you have to change those out ?? I do like the fact that i would have a back -up fuel supply oe pump stays but not needed w/ mitusa system.when out west or up in canada hunting.if anything enough to limp back to civilization. any info will help thanks

hellosorry i do not know how to add link .Glacier Diesel Power deals with the Fuel Boss.If you search installation manual fuel boss mechanical lp p/n fb98502 that is the system . the MITUSA is @ opieparts.com .both system are very close in design.

dittohave had my airdog for 8 months and 25k miles. the best $500 i have EVER spent on my truckpassing thought is if you order one. if you upgrade the straw to the 3 connection than:you don't cut the filler neck hose. it puts the vp44's return into the straw and the airdog picks it upcan go lower in tank without pressure fluctuating.

• 4 weeks later...

The MITUSA pump is a very good pump for those who are into big performance and they must be used with a electric secondary pump in case the belt comes off for some reason.

Most of the guys who I know run them are using a FASS or AirDog as a secondary system and to me that relates to just wasted money.HOWEVER,in a Dual CP3 pumped truck where max flow/pressure is needed the MITUSA pump is king and can not be beaten.I am not saying a big FASS or AirDog will not keep up but its tough to beat a rpm based fuel system when your spending most of your time at wide open throttle.

With that said would I want one,nope. I have ran a FASS 150/200-1010@45psi now since early in 2007 and have had only one minor issue with it.I had the motor fail earlier this month and FASS stepped right up and sent me a replacement and it was an easy fix.The filters on my FASS had been changed only once since its install and they had 40k on them and when we cut them apart to look at them,they could have gone another 40k easily.If I was building a puller or drag truck then the MITUSA would be a good choice,but on a street truck I would not do it myself as there are better options out there..........Andy

I helped my cousin put in a Fuel Boss. He uses the stock Carter pump for starting. It only runs for about 2 seconds and then automatically shuts off. The first time I took it for a test drive it really freaked me out. He has the bypass shimmed to 13 psi at idle. The freaky part is when you floor it the fuel pressure goes up to 19 psi instead of going down. I can't think of a more reliable pump motor than a Cummins Diesel. I also like the redundancy. If you were to have a problem with the mechanical pump, there's a Hobbs switch that automatically engages the electric pump. The truck doesn't miss a beat. There's also a red led that lets you know the electric pump is running. If I ever buy another CTD, I will install one of these.

Edited by edcasey

I helped my cousin put in a Fuel Boss. He uses the stock Carter pump for starting. It only runs for about 2 seconds and then automatically shuts off. The first time I took it for a test drive it really freaked me out. He has the bypass shimmed to 13 psi at idle. The freaky part is when you floor it the fuel pressure goes up to 19 psi instead of going down. I can't think of a more reliable pump motor than a Cummins Diesel. I also like the redundancy. If you were to have a problem with the mechanical pump, there's a Hobbs switch that automatically engages the electric pump. The truck doesn't miss a beat. There's also a red led that lets you know the electric pump is running. If I ever buy another CTD, I will install one of these.

its an interesting concept but there are so many variables about the pump I do not like, and the big one for me is the warranty, last i checked on em it was only a 1 year i think.

its an interesting concept but there are so many variables about the pump I do not like, and the big one for me is the warranty, last i checked on em it was only a 1 year i think.

The Fuel Boss pump has a two year warranty and the rest of the system is one year (bypass, hobbs switch, fittings, LED...). I'm not sure about the MITUSA pump. Both Opie and Richard have great customer service. I've dealt with Richard many times. Everyone I talked to says the same about Opie. When I was looking at mechanical pumps, I PM'ed everyone I could find who was running one and couldn't find a single complaint. I agree with you about the warranty. It's too bad they don't offer a longer warranty so they could compete better with the high end electric pumps "lifetime warranty" (which is actually a lifetime limited express warranty). Than again, Opie has so many orders that he stopped taking them weeks ago until he can get caught up.