• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

p0602 with Hypertech

I just put a hypertech programmer on my 02 Cummins H.O. I put it on level 3 and it runs like a raped ape. I decided that killed economy too much so I went to put it down to level 1 and when I plugged it in it said I had 2 codes, a p0602 and of course p1693. I googled the p0602 which is a fulling calibration error. It still runs great on level 1. The funny thing is my check engine light never came on, just showed the codes with the hypertech. I did some research and found some people say with a hypertech or smarty thats just the nature of the beast because the ecu recognizes off stock fulling calibration. Other people say the ecu is going bad. I had my ecu (block mounted) rebuilt 2 months ago by AES and they had to send it off to a specialty shop to replaced the main chip. Its been great the whole time I guess I'm just nervous, I'm hoping the hypertech didn't hurt my freshly rebuilt ecu. All else with the truck is tip top shape, lift pump is well within spec as of 2 months ago. Should I worry about anything?