• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NEED HELP, 98.5-02 year to year changes..

ISX

AH64 and I are going to make a huge spreadsheet on the year to year changes of the engines down to the last nozzle differences. I can take care of 89-98.5 12V's, he has all the 5.9 CR's, but neither of us know every minute detail of the VP engines from year to year. For example, in 1995 or something (need to look) the 12valve pistons has lower top rings than previously.....yes, I'm talking EVERY year to year change detail. We got hundreds of pieces scattered throughout the net and I think it would be neat to make this happen. Since 90% of you seem to have a VP truck, I think you guys can throw in what you know about them that changed and I can combine it all. That means 2 people have 14 years worth to cover and the other 2000 members can help us with 3.5 years.... I think thats reasonable :lmao: Again just throw in what you know if you want.. Try and make sure its not some grapevine rumor. For instance, there are 3 different compression ratios for the 12V listed throughout the web :think: Thanks in advance to anyone that helps.Oh and I know the HP TQ Turbo differences, so I'm talking just the detailed stuff.. Injector differences, piston differences, even block differences between the CR and the 12V engine.

• Like 1

That's sound like a major project but it allso sounds cool to have a good reference some place that can be easily accessed.I know there have been countless times when I tried to find some specific information about the trucks (i.e. towing capacities, KDP years, 53 block years, engine style (ISB or ??)etc., etc.Don't know how detailed you are planning to make the spreadsheet but it does sound like a neat idea.Thanks.

Yeah I'm figuring out how much of a project it really is. I get one thing figured out and then figure out it snowballs from there. Like injectors change sizes throughout the 12V years/models but they also change nozzle tip size, pop pressure, spray angle :doh: Got it all listed though. I think the newer trucks don't have so many changes from year to year but the 1st gens did a lot of changes over the 4 years.

I'm just doing the engine stuff for now. The brakes, cad, interior, etc. can wait lol. It's not like I can just go to fritz's year to year changes thing, thats kind of a hint at things but there are so many other things I am finding that are different that nobody has taken note of so I'm spending a lot of time just trying to find everything.