• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Throwing codes. Help please.

So a little history on the truck its all stock no mods at all. Im driving the other day and my check gauges light came on, All the gauges looked fine except the voltage gauge. So the batteries have seen better days i got new ones. Installed those and the truck was fine until about 15 minutes driving it comes on again. I ordered a new alternator from oreillys and put that on. Still nothing. Im really confused as to what it is so i charged my batteries to get enough to where i could see the codes. Its throwing the p1698, p0252, p0234 codes. I also realized my Oil pressure gauge isnt reading nor is the voltage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

• Owner

p1698, p0252, p0234 codes.

CCD Network error.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/234-p1698-no-bus-message-received-from-pcm

VP44 Injection pump failure

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/170-p0252-fuel-valve-signal-missing

Turbo wastegate issue (not a MAP sensor)

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/165-p0234-turbo-boost-limit-exceeded

As for the CCD network error you might run the diagnostic in the link and here is the wiring diagram to aid you.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/34-engine-system/81-ccd-data-bus

As for the P0252 that's a internal pump failure you can reset the codes and take a test drive and see if it comes back but I would keep it in the back of your head it might come back again.

As for the P0234 that's caused by a failed wastegate that's stuck closed. Typically rusted shut.

Thank you for that info. Im actually a new owner to this vehicle and i think those may be old codes. because the first two it actually shows is 1693 and 1682. Then those others show up after. But i had the batteries on charge all day just went out and it cranked right up. Drove around for about 15 minutes, granted the check engine light was on the whole time. But after driving and everything seemed fine, I pulled into my garage and check gauges light came back on. Thats when i did the code checker with the key and found the 1693, 1682.

So a little history on the truck its all stock no mods at all. Im driving the other day and my check gauges light came on, All the gauges looked fine except the voltage gauge. So the batteries have seen better days i got new ones. Installed those and the truck was fine until about 15 minutes driving it comes on again. I ordered a new alternator from oreillys and put that on. Still nothing. Im really confused as to what it is so i charged my batteries to get enough to where i could see the codes. Its throwing the p1698, p0252, p0234 codes. I also realized my Oil pressure gauge isnt reading nor is the voltage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

If I understand what you are saying:

Check gauges light on;

Oil pressure gauge not reading and voltage gauge not reading;

That's the reason why. For example if the oil pressure gauge isn't reading you most likely need a new pressure sensor.

You need to be looking at the gauge related issues for eliminating the warning light.

I don't think your batterires or alternator are the reason for the check gauges light.

Not to sure which route to go from here.

Alternator output is controlled by the PCM. Assuming there's nothing wrong with any of the wiring or the battery temperature sensor, then the PCM is probably at fault and would need to be replaced. John L. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD