• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mike, can you take a look at this?

I'm thinking this brake will fit mine, and I shouldn't really have to have the downpipe? I have 4" MBRP from the turbo back on mine now, and this looks like it also fits an HX from my 02 ? Buddy isn't quite sure if it's all there, thought maybe you could tell by the pictures since you have one on your truck :shrug:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/547752-banks-exhaust-brake-f-s-edmonton-ab.html

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I shoudn't have just asked Mike on this seeing others are running the brakes too :banghead:. Anyone else want to chime in?

So i'm curious as to yours Mike, did you have to use the downpipe or is your brake the same length as the elbow on the turbo the brake replaces? Wondered if all exhaust brakes are longer then the elbow on the turbos and need the downpipe, or just Bank's brakes

Thanks for the help. I was hoping to get one like you have that hooks right fast to my existing, and I thought some were that way but wasn't sure. I'm guessing by looking at that pic that the d/p is shorter than my d/p on my MBRP and may mean hacking my exhaust, which if is the case i'll most likely pass on it. I'll crawl under tomorrow and look . Thanks again