• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Blow by

Since my last oil change when I put in 0-40 synthetic oil I've noticed increased blow by up to where there is a fair size of a spot on the floor. Is this an indication of an overhaul in the near future or is it not a big worry short term?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Owner

As for spot on the floor doesn't mean there is blow by exactly. But if you suspect blow by issues I would do a compression test and verify the engine health. Don't bother with a blow by test because its not going to show independent cylinder number but a summary of all. As for your choice of 0w-40 might be too thin. I typically run 15w-40 all the way down to minus number weather.

I think the only way to do it on our cummins engines is to pull the injectors. Then you hook in the adapter and the gauge there. It is kinda the same concept as a gas engine. Someone else will probably be able to give you more insight but this is my understanding. I agree that your choice of oil is a bit to thin. It may start easier, but its not heavy enough for the diesel engine. In a gasser you would probably be ok...