• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DIY, DPF delete, sims

SnoFarmer

Has anyone built a home brew dpf delete?I'm going to do this in the spring.That thing, yes I called it a thing, it has to go.I can't have the over head tell me that the dpf is 85% full, "regen required" and go into a limp mode when I'm 16miles away or more from a road that will let me go over 50mph, with a 24ft t.t. in tow & the family on board.so,What resistors work the best?I've heard of the 330ohms or using 470ohms resistors.Have any of you done this yet or did you order a kit from someone? Next idea, finding a totaled 6.7 in the junk yard (I can dream) and cutting off the truck side plugs to attach the resistors to.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested as I have several Customers with this system and are thinking of taking them off. I do have a question with the power gains will the auto trany hold up under normal use? What else should they be looking at as weak points? Bill

We don't have any DIY kits, however we do have a few to chose from. -DPF-R is stock programming without the DPF. It is great if you are happy with your curent power and don't want to risk the transmission or any other component. You can add a programmer r module later or keep one that you already have. (exhaust must have sensor bungs) -H&S is a nicer system with the addtion of power. (exhaust doesn't need sensor bungs) -MADS/Smarty is more for people that are planing to use the truck for competition use. (exhaust must have sensor bungs) We also have plenty of exhaust kits. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Kenny 352-636-0812

We don't have any DIY kits, however we do have a few to chose from. -DPF-R is stock programming without the DPF. It is great if you are happy with your curent power and don't want to risk the transmission or any other component. You can add a programmer r module later or keep one that you already have. (exhaust must have sensor bungs) -H&S is a nicer system with the addtion of power. (exhaust doesn't need sensor bungs) -MADS/Smarty is more for people that are planing to use the truck for competition use. (exhaust must have sensor bungs) We also have plenty of exhaust kits. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Kenny 352-636-0812

I will pass this info on thanks a lot. Bill

We don't have any DIY kits, however we do have a few to chose from. -DPF-R is stock programming without the DPF. It is great if you are happy with your curent power and don't want to risk the transmission or any other component. We also have plenty of exhaust kits. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Kenny 352-636-0812

I like the diy for the reason it makes doing any trouble shooting easier down the road. I really have no need for a programmer or the DPF the truck has more than enough power to tow a loaded (wet) 24 ft TT with 2 dogs and the wife over the mountains a few times. I just can't have a dpf full message when I get here. (see pic) But, I'll look into kit prices too, just to see if any are priced right then I may give one a try.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...