• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Driving light wiring

Hello to all. I have been studying the thread about wiring driving/fog lamps but have not found the precise answers to my query.(http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/6783-Fog-light-wiring?p=64203#post64203) I understand that the wiring diagram is the way to go if you would like to add an additional switch, but on my 00 2500 CTD, I have the factory switch, less the factory bumper or lights, and also after checking out a truck on a local lot, the factory wiring harness. I had fog lamps that were not hooked up when I purchased the truck, but they were broken, not wired and non-operable. I bought some enexpensive lights, and started wiring per instructions. I have two wire leads coming from factory harness (under intercooler) and I know I have voltage frome there. If my lights are grounded per instructions, I don' know what to do with second wire from harness. I would like to keep factory switch, wiring, relay and the like, any thoughts or suggestions? Can I wire ++, --, or do I need to keep the lights ground where they are, and if so, again what to do w/secondary wire from harness. thanks, arron

- - - Updated - - -

Alright. I think I figured it out. I started to use a jumper wire, and found that when I hook positive wire from lamps to hot from harness, the lights are on regardless of what position switch is in. after runnung jumper from light-side ground to secondary wire from harness, it will shut the lights off, and then turn on when warrented. As all can see, I'm not very knowledgable in auto electronics!:ahhh:. I didn't want screw something up, and not be able to fix it.

Sargen,page 8w-50-10 and 8w-50-11 are the pages.You will notice that the headlight switch actually changes the state of the fog light relay.The fog light relay interrupts the GROUND of the lights. The positive of the fog lights is hot 100% of the time from Fuse G in the PDC.Sounds like you figured it out. Just hook the bulbs up to the two wires. (RD/OR is 12v+ and LB is 12v- ) They will operate off of the headlight switch and multifunction switch just like the original ones.Hag

• Like 2

Sargen, page 8w-50-10 and 8w-50-11 are the pages. You will notice that the headlight switch actually changes the state of the fog light relay. The fog light relay interrupts the GROUND of the lights. The positive of the fog lights is hot 100% of the time from Fuse G in the PDC. Sounds like you figured it out. Just hook the bulbs up to the two wires. (RD/OR is 12v+ and LB is 12v- ) They will operate off of the headlight switch and multifunction switch just like the original ones. Hag

Haggar, thanks for the reply. Everything seems to work well, no smoke or blown fuses:hyper:! At that time, I wasn't certain that would be the case. Thanks again!