• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cold weather and timing

Places that are required to run certain persentages of Biodiesel Like Minnesota is causing people to have to readjust the timing again, Some guys that are over 16.5 are backing off to 16. They are getting even higher mandated blend of Bio in 2010 so they are all playing with timing to keep milage and performance in check with the new fuels.

That's kinda interesting. The biodiesel has higher cetane so it starts better. I notice a big difference when trying to start with #2 and B20. Mike has endless info on this fact. More cetane, more readily it ignites but also less mileage. That is why 2 stroke may get you more mileage, it lowers cetane giving you a longer burn time. The longer it burns the longer it is producing power. I have not noted any decent mileage with straight B20, if I do run it, it is a couple gallons of it with the rest of the tank of #2 so I can get all the lube without sacrificing mileage.