• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody running the front hub conversions??

I was looking at the conversion kits for the front hubs, converting them to old school lockout hubs with real bearings....And they are claiming 2+ mpg increase...that is a big gain for these heavyweights. Is anyone currently running these hubs that could confirm this claim??

check out this thread on a few ways to do it yourself. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/dodge/874442-dodge-ram-2500-4x4-dana-60-hub-removal-converison-ford-knuckles.html I'm running '96 Ford knuckles-out on my '97, I saw about 10% increase in milage. If you have a dually, you need to find dually Ford hubs, the Dodge spacers don't have enough meat to bore out the center for the hub to come through.

It's long, but read through that Pirate thread for the full skinny. Different people have done different things.

Some use the dodge knuckle and brakes and bolt on the Ford spindle. That's the only option for rolling your own with an AAM front axle.

I put the Ford knuckles on my Dodge D60 housing, bigger brakes and twin pot calipers were as big a reason for me to do it as anything else. That way I knew everything was going to bolt and and go, too.