• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Multiple problems Fuel, brakes, steering....

Alright guys i just purchased a new to me truck and are having some problems. 1999 dodge 3500 4x4 cummins 174k miles in last 6 months it has had newInjection pump, steering gear box, leveling kit, shocks, control arms, trac bar, trans within last 25000 miles brand new tirez, Ive done a good amount of reading here and on cummins forum. Any help to get me steered in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Bought truck 12/31/12 and have put around 80 miles on it 60 of which were trip home!Truck had injection pump replaced 25000 miles agoI will start with my ride home after purchase....-Truck ran strong up until 21-2200 rpm then dead pedal. Let off then re-accelerate run strong up until 22-2300 rpm check engine light come on briefly. Got home let truck sit for about 5 min then headed to town toget scanner to read code. Truck ran great under throttle no dead pedal no check engine light. No codes would read at the parts store. After letting truck sit for 3-4 hrs wouldnt crank. Took a couple times priming lift pump and finally started. Next morning same deal. Fuel system obviously losing prime. Figured out fuel filter canister was cracked leaking fuel and sucking air. Installed newer model filter from 01 and Ordered a fass ddrp. Borrowed aftermarket direct replacement pump until fass comes in. Primed fuel system cranked up on 2nd try. Installed fass and couldnt get truck to crank. Put borrowed pump back on truck fired right up after priming. Send fass back to plant to have tested. Everything tested perfect.Drove truck and was strong up until 2500 rpm in overdrive then dead pedal. Guess still have air coming in somewhere.- ordered vulcan big line kit to be installed when fass gets reinstalled.Also not positive how to wire upthe fuel heater and water in fuel on new fuel filter housing2- no codes stored Does have brake light and abs light on dash3- edge fuel psi is stuck on 33psi and 0 on Boost4- ps pump / gear box new napa box 2 months ago.Also new shocks, 4 new control arms and new trac bar 2 months agoPump is leaking, gear box replaced with napa box 2 months ago.With truck turned off there is 1/4 turn play in the gear box. Turns fine to right but have to use both hands to steer left. Heard something pop last time i drove then lost steering briefly almost ended up in ditch. Touched brakes and they locked up. On way home felt like i had to turn wheel an extra rotation in order to steer. Truck has been parked since debating on where to order a new pump, gear box, shaft, and lines from.Also curious on how to swap the ps pump and flushing steering system when i replace everythingthanks for any and all helpIm located in cullman al256-347-2598Zayne

You may want to try to find a better scan tool to do a diagnosis you probably have a code/codes stored even though the scantron or whatever the auto parts store used didnt pick anything up. Plus a good scanner will be able to pull the codes from your abs. It could be the sensor on your rear diff tripping the abs light, but you didnt mention any problems with the speedo? I would definitely get your lift pump issue resolved before you run the truck anymore and cause further damage to the vp. As far as hard starting, start at the vp and work your way back to the tank checking for leaks or any signs of dampness. Make sure all fuel lines, fittings, and guages (if you have one) are tight. If anything looks even slightly damp, that could be enough to give you a problem. If you get through that and are still having problems, it may or may not be related to the dead pedal issue you mentioned. I dont think a fuel leak would be related to dead pedal, unless it was a real bad leak. Dead pedal could be from a bad apps or possibly a vp (gasp). Like I said, it may be easier and cheaper in the long run to find a better scan tool, they can be your best friend sometimes. I dont think I would even worry about your fuel heater if your in Alabama. If your worried about the WIF sensor you should be able to buy a plug end through Cummins to match the newer style sensor and splice it into your harness. Or just make your own with some spade terminals...

I did the apps reset and thats when dead pedal situatio. Went from 2200 rpm up to 2500 rpm so i think that is my problem with that. Im gona get the new fass ddrp pump and big line kit installed. May need to install new line from pump bqck to the tank.Plan on doing this and fixing my steering at the same timeto give some extra room to get ps pump out.Question is.... is the borgeson package deal with high flow pump, gear box, steering shaft, and new lines from cummins performance parts.com gona be my best option?Also what are the steps for getting all fluid and debri removed from system in general

• 3 weeks later...

I got all steering taken care of and installed ddrp on fram rail in front of tank with vulcan big line kit from pump to filter and filter to vp44 . I also installed 2 brand new batteries. And did apps reset . The first time I drove it it had great power with no dead pedal . The next morning a dead pedal around 2200 rpm. Check engine light finally came on with a code of P 0237 . I then removed the edge juice with attitude as recommended but still have dead pedal around 2200 rpm with no other codes

P0237 (M) Map Sensor Voltage Too Low MAP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptablevoltage.I think it could be a derate issue related to a bad MAP sensor loose connection or bad wire or even a bad Edge. Does the JWA have safety parameters you can set? if so see what the boost is set at, if it is getting a bad reading from the sensor it could be defueling it.Have you considered a TIMBO APPS?