• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Body Swap... A few questions

I know I have a thread related to this and cant find it :doh: I have pictures of the rust free Texas quad cab that I will be posting when I find the cord for my camera. I got the cab with fenders detached all doors and glass for 1200 I need some help in an estimate on the weight of the cab with doors. I have two trailers I can use to pick it up I'd like to use the small one that way I can push it around but I'm limited to 1500 pounds capacity do you guys think with all doors glass and most of the interior it will weigh under 1500? I wouldn't think so but I haven't even had a door off yet so I'm guessing at best but being there is no b pillar I would anticipate a higher weight :shrug:

That was a quad cab right? Btw I will be undercoating my cab and was wondering on how you guys feel about DIY bed liners like upol raptor or sems rockit or duplicolors product they would coat the entire undercarriage, but Im worried about it chipping away over time from rocks and salt...

yes... 4 door. I've been told quadcabs are about 200 heavier than regular cabs... so my 'bicep' measuring estimate may have been off by 50 #'s or so... I am also thinking about spraying bed liner under the cab on my project truck. I'm thinking I'll do the floorboards (under the mat and halfway up the kickpanels as well) I'll have to wait until the outside temp is warm enough thoughthe catylst can be adjusted in the mix to give either a rock hard, or semi plyable coating as well as the texture.. (almost smooth, to very 'rough')

I did a cab-off years ago on my 79 Chevy C30. I wished I'd had POR15 to use on the frame while I had it stripped. Yes, need warm weather or a heated shop. I did a test on a trailer frame & it was way too cold. But I'd not miss the opportunity while the body was off. All my doors are rusted out on my signature truck... when I put the new doors on the C30, I poured epoxie into the bottom of the doors. I would sure do SOMETHING to keep the Dodge rot out of your doors if you have the opportunity.

Thank you fr the tips I have a few ideas for the inside of the doors but nothing certain yet and I was looking at zero rust or using the same 2k that will be used on the body in the doors. The chassis is getting a Eastwood ceramic 2k finish that I have seen used before and with the right prep you can hit it with a pick ax and not mark it up. The undercarriage of the cab will either be a DIY bedliner or the protex chip guard 2k undercoat kit. What are your thoughts on that and then this he wants 450 for the bumper and 800 for the

bed with no tailgate or lights I thought 450 for the bumper was a good deal but the bed had been cut for stacks and were included in the 800 dollar asking price. I hate stacks btw so except for resale and more repair work they mean nothing to me. My thought was is there any money trying to re sell those things? like at least enough to buy a can of paint :think: sorry if the picture don't come out right. The stacks have a 45 degree bend at the top if that helps. as far as the project itself, I need to find the cord to my camera so I can upload the rest of the pictures and then you guys can see the progress. Unfortunately it isn't much as of late since mother nature has our company a whole month behind and I'm even working Saturdays so no fun for me right now. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Ben

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

- - - Updated - - -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Ordered monstaliner for the undercoating Friday I have taken pictures but I am having problems being this is my new camera and software how to upload them that's problem one :doh:. Problem two is I have a buddy selling 3rd gen wheels with 315/70/17 tires on them will they fit he's in Illinois. Hence why we haven't just tried putting them on. his truck was stock to the best of our knowledge and he bought it as such. Then is 400 a good deal the wheels and tires being the tires are only about 30 to 40 percent. Lastly I'm stuck between three colors and would like to know what your opinions are. First off depending on the undercoating it may or may not have black rockers and lower body protection. Onions in regard to that are appreciated. Then assuming it has black rockers what would go best with that a graphite silver, patriot blue variation or a forest green variation.