• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where is back up lamp fuse? 2001

Thanks guys. I even knew where it was with the hints. I have been into it befor. Was just having a brain fart. I even had the dash all apart yesterday repairing the sticky indicator for the trans gear selector and cleaning the dust out of my odometer area.

• 1 month later...

I stuck new bulbs in but it's still out. Bulbs old & both new in pack test good. Is there a way to test this circuit by myself (without risking running myself over that is)?The passenger's side works. Does this prove the fuse & forward wiring are good? (IE Does the harness run together to the back?)

On level ground set parking brake and chock wheel. Engine off, ignition on. Shift lever in reverse position. Check circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it should prove the fuse and wiring to be good. The VT/BK wire for the back up lamps (on my 1997) has a splice after the branch to the R/R lamps then proceeds with 2 seperate VT/BK wires for the back up lamps.

• Like 1