• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

closupman

closupman, I have gone through the same situation as what you describe in your first post. Hopefully what happened to me and my 04' is not what you are going through. The ECM went & took the fuel lift pump with it. That was a pricey ordeal.

• Like 1

I just looked at the schematic for the fuel transfer pump and there is no fuse between it and the ECM. I personally wouldnt think that the ECM would be bad because you still have the WTS light and everything correct?

yes all lights functioning normal now plus no CEL I'm thinking I have a leak somewhere and lost prime or pump just died reason I think I may have a leak was the diesel smell when exiting truck ? think I may be on the right track?

I am almost certain that the lift pump is the problem anymore. You may also need to check your fuel tank. My vent was clogged or the cap was bad and would pull the prime off the system due to there being a vaccum created on the tank. I replaced with a vented cap and no more problems yet:thumbup2:. But the thign with that is mine would start after a few key cycles. The pump would be the first place I would go:smart:

• Like 1

I am almost certain that the lift pump is the problem anymore. You may also need to check your fuel tank. My vent was clogged or the cap was bad and would pull the prime off the system due to there being a vaccum created on the tank. I replaced with a vented cap and no more problems yet:thumbup2:. But the thign with that is mine would start after a few key cycles. The pump would be the first place I would go:smart:

as soon as I can get hood open I will check to be sure am getting power to pump if so then I can probably assume pump is bad does that sound like the proper procedure at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

as soon as I can get hood open I will check to be sure am getting power to pump if so then I can probably assume pump is bad does that sound like the proper procedure at this point?

the diesel smell after exiting truck I would presume is either at lift pump or somewhere between lift pump and injector pump wouldn't you think ?

With my truck, there was a bad connecton on the passenger's side a few inches from the battery (ground side). Power comes off the driver's battery. Once the connecter tested good, the OEM fuel pump ran. I had the mechanic go ahead with the AD install as I already had the parts.

When your listening for the lift pump, are you bumping the starter first as mentioned? Reason Im asking is if your smelling fuel you most likely have a leak somewhere. Once you get enough air in the lines, you almost have to crack an injector(s) somewhere to get the air bled out enough to fire the truck up. Even if the lift pump is bad youll definitely want to track that smell down to avoid any other future issues :thumbup2:

• Like 1

When your listening for the lift pump, are you bumping the starter first as mentioned? Reason Im asking is if your smelling fuel you most likely have a leak somewhere. Once you get enough air in the lines, you almost have to crack an injector(s) somewhere to get the air bled out enough to fire the truck up. Even if the lift pump is bad youll definitely want to track that smell down to avoid any other future issues :thumbup2:

will check for leaks also again thanks