• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2013 Ford diesel accidentally put gas instead of diesel......

frogjaw

• Staff

Too bad they don't have a toy snake that pops out when you open the fuel door...... springs out at the wife, almost heart attack speed, but will wake her up to read, 'DIESEL ONLY DEAR' on the side of a bright orange snake.:)

Too bad they don't have a toy snake that pops out when you open the fuel door...... springs out at the wife, almost heart attack speed, but will wake her up to read, 'DIESEL ONLY DEAR' on the side of a bright orange snake.:)

:lol::cool: The starter turned the engine over just fine, just won't start. The truck isn't there today, maybe it's ok or on a rollback. He knows the boss where I work, maybe he'll call.

• 7 months later...

I saw I think Geno's has a green flap that fits over the gas fill to add one more hint that you've got a diesel truck. Here in Oregon it's not legal for us common folk to pump our own gas. Although there are a couple stations that make me fill diesel. He says diesel is ok for public to fill. But us common folk can pump our own at a card lock. Cookoo, cookoo. Might be a good idea for us that live in states that do not let public pump their own to get one of those flaps.

On my wife's megacab I tell them to fill with regular and often they think I need diesel. It's a Hemi. Speaking of, you know those Hemi's get better fuel economy than the new diesels? We commonly get 16 on the hiway. Factor in the price of diesel and it's quite a bit cheaper. Now towing is a differnt matter. If we're going to mKe a trip to Lakeview to see the inlaws, we'll take the Hemi. About 7 hour drive. But if towing the diesel shines!

Edited by joecool911