• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 no start/asd relay issues

to start this off ill give yall a little back ground info on the truck

its a

2001 5 speed with 124,000 miles

has the usual mods

dual disk

airdog

new injection pump as of 25,000 ago

afe intake

5 inch

exhaust

the truck has had a no start issue in the past but sort of comes

and goes intermittently. The symptoms include, when you turn the key on the is a

3 second or more delay until the liftpump comes on, the wait to start light only

comes on for about 2 seconds and the truck will not start

Also with the key in the run position you cannout hear or feel the asd relay click, ive checked the relay and confrimed that it is working..the truck will roll over for

days but wont get going

today it started doing again after i attempted to

install an edge comp box I got in on trade for some other parts. I will admit

that i had to wire in the 2001 map

sensor adapters and may have gotten them wired wrong, but when i take the edge

harness off and go back to just the boost fooler it still wont start.

my question is could I have fried my pcm/ecm by wiring the map

sensor up incorrectly?

has anyone else had these no start

issues?

thanks for any help

Scott*

thanks for the welcome and ya ive run the scanner and picked up nothing

another wierd issue is that i cannot read the codes through the odometer any more.

- - - Updated - - -

new issue is i no longer have any dash lights.. is this leaning towards a pcm or an ecm

- - - Updated - - -

alright yall ive narrowed down to the ecm, the cel

light, wts light, abs light, and fuel light were flasing on and off at will, the

lift pump would run every few seconds and my scanner would not pull codes while

this was going on...

could i just have the ecm reflashed or do I need to

replace it

little update... the truck is now running... I took the ecm down to cummins southern plains to be tested, it checked out fine so we took it back to the house, installed it and the truck now all of a sudden fired up.. did some more poking around and have come to find out that there is a short somewhere in the harness inside the cab that caused my issue.... the dash lights will come on and off randomly when i wiggle the harness under the dash next to the firewall plug going to take a day off tomorrow and dive into the wiring to find the short thanks for the help yall

Good deal about the ECM! Cummins is usually cheaper than the dealer -- I've been there before, but didn't have all the serial numbers on the engine, so they kinda had to chase down my part. :duh:I know one thing - 9 times outta 10, finding a short is not fun. Good luck, sir!

• Owner

I would double check all wiring that any modification might of tapped into. Sounds like there is a network bus issues too. I know its not displaying the NO BUS message but the fact there is a lack of ability to dump error codes. You might double check all dash grounds as well as engine grounds.

• 10 months later...

Update to this!!

All fixed

Alright after driving the truck for a couple months while still having the no start issue on and off I finally figured it out... the fuse block inside the truck is a two piece design that tends to come apart causing a bad connection to the fuses... my dash lights and no start issue were resolved after fussing with the connections until they were right.... hope this helps

• Like 1