• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I bought the Heater Treater part & instructions. I will not re-orientate if you lose the orientation & put the motor in backwards. The instructions from the say to find the nub on the bottom gear & position it at the edge of the gear over it. Then install the coupler & the assembly. The chip will learn the rest from there. When I removed the assembly, I should have taken it to a bench to disassemble as the motor can fall right out, losing the orientation. The motor will fit reversed but not work correctly as I found out first hand. Since there is no mark on the little stepper motor, I would be smart... smarter than I was... to carefull open it on the bench & use a marker to differentate the motor.

• Like 1

So my heating issue doesn't appear to be the blend door assembly either. The motor was working fine... I could see it turning back and forth when moved the heat control cold/hot. But I was thinking maybe the connector piece was broken and wasn't moving the door all the way. Finally got an offset screwdriver and got the motor assembly out of the way today and got a good look at the plastic connector.. it's fine, not broken that I can tell. I tried manually turning the door back and forth and it seems to be okay as well. Opening and closing fully.. at this point I'm thinking the heater core must be plugged up a bit or something. Truck temperature is at 190.. but on full hot I'm only getting lukewarm air. Already replaced the thermostat the other day..*sigh*.. It can NEVER be the simple fixes can it?! haha

The heater could be blocked with mouse nest. Have you dropped the fan motor, in the passenger's footwell. only 3 screws as I recall. In the truck, you can block small critters from the cowel area by shoving steel wool (I used SS pot scrubber) up behind the hood hinges where the cowel drain is. It will still drain but keeps critters out. After all that, my coupler was not broke either. It is was, I'd turn a sleeve on my lathe & use a vice to press it over the coupler. I've had plastic handles crack on shut offs in my camper... I couldn't get direct replacement valves... so I repaired the coupler on the handle & still working fine.

• Like 1