• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lucas transmission fluid conditioner?

sngsht

Has anyone ever used this with the 48RE? I used it in my last truck(06 Hemi/1500) and was impressed with how it improved its shift. Every once in awhile under very light acceleration, I get a feeling almost like the convertor locked up early-it's doesn't feel like slipping or a shudder ,hard to describe actually. My half ton acted the same even after filter /fluid change and I added this-cured it. I just bought this 2500 a couple months ago and I'm a little leery pouring just anything in my transmission, I plan on doing the filter /fluid /band adjustments in about 6 weeks but wondered about giving this a shot in the interim? My truck has 63,000 miles on it -Thanks!

I tend to stay away from fluid additives personally. I think that if there is a problem with the trans like slippage I would rather find the cause of it that hope for a cure in bottle. Some like yourself got lucky once but will lightning hit twice in the same spot. Ummm??? :think:

Well thats kind of what i was thinking,I guess I wouldn't be upset if it doesn't help, more worried about additives and OEM lubricants not playing well with each other!

I used some when my t/c was going out in hopes for a cure. No dice. I figured it was toast anyway, so what's the harm. But for routine use, I also see it as problematic. Maybe a shift kit or upgraded valve body is the direction you should go.

I used some when my t/c was going out in hopes for a cure. No dice. I figured it was toast anyway, so what's the harm. But for routine use, I also see it as problematic. Maybe a shift kit or upgraded valve body is the direction you should go.

That's something I need to consider. Any recommendations on a shift kit? I'm assuming there will need to be some drilling or mods to the stock valve body?

http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=198298 Read this for VB info. Tim Holt is the man and I have used this recipe in al my trucks.

Thanks for the info, I might do some more investigating on a shift kit or basic mods that I can do just by dropping the pan. This is something that I very rarely notice, and the only towing I do is a Snowmobile/toy trailer that's less than 6000# loaded.

Thanks for the info, I might do some more investigating on a shift kit or basic mods that I can do just by dropping the pan. This is something that I very rarely notice, and the only towing I do is a Snowmobile/toy trailer that's less than 6000# loaded.

That's exactly what I sent you.

That's exactly what I sent you.

yes, I know it is- I meant costs of the parts etc.. One of the things recommended was a convertor also-I'm not planning on going past what I could do during a filter/fluid change..

I kept the stock converter. I am not a big believer in bigger converters. Every truck of mine with a triple disc converters breaks hard parts every 100k. Trannies with stock converters last three times longer for me.

Other than the converter, I followed the vb directions to the letter. The truck shifts nice and smoothly and you can tell the difference in line pressure. I have it on two trucks (05 and 06) and I really like it. It was also a lot cheaper than a VB built by someone else with the same parts that costed more because their name was on it.