• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

'00 dead on road... 1688 code found,

SCORE! DAP it is!:hyper: Standard Output vp44$970, $ 20 upgrade shipping, ( I want it here before the weekend)... SO VP44 will support up to 650HP with larger injectors, turbo and fuel system.Pump has new electronics, new steel sleeve, new housing, upgrades to the newest internals. Uses all BOSCH parts and has 1 year warranty.

It really amazes me that one vendor can offer a pump with a new computer for close to the same price as what others sell a pump at with a used computer! :think: I was told by a reputable guy a few years ago the new computers were a big part of the cost of the pump.Anyhoo, thanks for sharing this info, glad you got it sorted out, with the exception of a lighter wallet!:cry:

• Like 1

all forward progress stopped today: Blizzard. Ice, and power outages.So, been thinking about eliminating some of the oil leaks on this engine. And since it's time for it's first radiator/exchanger/condensor removal/back blow out... (grass hoppers and grass seed pluggage) I got the front end pretty much opened up. Found the 'deer strike' from this winter has rolled the front bumper back a tad, and the bumper filler has rubbed a nice slice into the condenser. I caught it just before it made it through the exchanger! I'll go ahead and pop the timing cover off and renew the crank seal and gasket. I haven't got that deep yet, and see felpro gasket/crank seal for about 28 bucks. Is that gasket for the block-to-gear case? Does the cover itself need a gasket?As I type this, Thunder is getting really close! wild times here on the prairie!

all forward progress stopped today: Blizzard. Ice, and power outages.

So, been thinking about eliminating some of the oil leaks on this engine. And since it's time for it's first radiator/exchanger/condensor removal/back blow out... (grass hoppers and grass seed pluggage) I got the front end pretty much opened up. Found the 'deer strike' from this winter has rolled the front bumper back a tad, and the bumper filler has rubbed a nice slice into the condenser. I caught it just before it made it through the exchanger! I'll go ahead and pop the timing cover off and renew the crank seal and gasket. I haven't got that deep yet, and see felpro gasket/crank seal for about 28 bucks. Is that gasket for the block-to-gear case? Does the cover itself need a gasket?

As I type this, Thunder is getting really close! wild times here on the prairie!

Cover needs a gasket too. I permatexed mine because it was that way from new but I think they offer a gasket too.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and also check to make sure your crank doesn't have a groove in it from the old seal. Mine did and I had to get a sleeve for it. No big deal though and Advance Auto had it and the seal as a kit.