• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wiring Guru's ?

Fellas, I bought an 01 2wd and parted it out for the interior (leather) and I am putting it in my 02. It had an overhead console and I removed the wiring harness from it today and saw the wiring harness coming from where the temp sensor is mounted, comes back and ties into the main wiring harness, not just plugged in like I had hoped it would. Has anyone ever added the overhead console and had the same issue and could tell me what you did? Also the junker had remote door locks, just wondering if it's just a matter of plugging them into the harness in the door and they'll operate, or a different harness all together going into the main? :whistle:Would like to know before I start tearing mine all apart

• Owner

Just realize that over head console is going to be worthless. The only thing that will work is the compass and the temp. A GPS has better ablity of displaying direction and location.The trip computer will be junk. I will report some goofy high 25-40 MPG with that Edge Juice in the truck and no its not possible to calibrate the overhead console.

• 4 months later...

Yea I was wondering if it's just a matter of swapping out the boxes with the one from my donor truck and then I'd have the heated seats /remote locks etc. Some articles i've read say you can plug it in and go, some say you can't unless you get the dealer to reprogram it, some say it can't be done at all :think:

Yea I was wondering if it's just a matter of swapping out the boxes with the one from my donor truck and then I'd have the heated seats /remote locks etc. Some articles i've read say you can plug it in and go, some say you can't unless you get the dealer to reprogram it, some say it can't be done at all :think:

I swapped that module out with one from a 01 and the remote door locks worked. Your truck should already have the capability for the remote locks. Of you don't have one working remote for the module in your truck the dealer has to program one, then you can use that remote to program additional remotes. There are several different part numbers for remotes and only certain ones will work with certain modules. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

So much for that idea :cry:. I looked at the box in mine, smaller then the one I need to put in and mine only has the one wiring harness whereas that one needs two. I have the whole dash from the donor truck and the harnesses from both trucks, but i'm laying money none of the plugs would match up to whats in my truck. And gas to diesel even complicates it more :mad: