• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

After the Heater Core & Evaporator Install

Everything is back together but I have two problems. 1). The blend door is not working, with heat temp turned all the way up, I only Get cool air. I know the little spring loaded door was reinstalled correctly, and the vacuum line that goes through the firewall is connected and working because all air is directed to proper vents and after disconnecting the vac line that goes through the firewall, only the defrost vents work. Which vac line control the blend door? Any ideas?2). My fan only works on highest speed.Thanks guys!Eric

Everything is back together but I have two problems. 1). The blend door is not working, with heat temp turned all the way up, I only Get cool air. I know the little spring loaded door was reinstalled correctly, and the vacuum line that goes through the firewall is connected and working because all air is directed to proper vents and after disconnecting the vac line that goes through the firewall, only the defrost vents work. Which vac line control the blend door? Any ideas? 2). My fan only works on highest speed. Thanks guys! Eric

The blend door is operated by a small electric motor. did you reconnect it? There is a resistor in the hvac box near the blower motor. When it goes hi is all you get. Think I am right on high, mine did it when it went bad. Glad to hear you got it all back together.

Yes, I did reconnect the blend door motor. What's the fix for the blower? Is the resistor replaceable? Do I have to remove the hvac box again :-( thx

The blend door is operated by a small electric motor. did you reconnect it? There is a resistor in the hvac box near the blower motor. When it goes hi is all you get. Think I am right on high, mine did it when it went bad. Glad to hear you got it all back together.

Yes, I did reconnect the blend door motor. What's the fix for the blower? Is the resistor replaceable? Do I have to remove the hvac box again :-( thx

Did you replace the connector between the blend door and the actuator motor? The motor has to be re indexed if it slipped in the old coupling or other wise got rotated out of place. If you did the heatertreater deal, it should have been in the instructions. The resister is near the blower motor on the bottom of the hvac box, drivers side of the blower. If you have a Haynes manual or a FSM(downloadable here)either will show you the exact location. The good news is you dont need to remove the hvac box to get to them. Both are accessible from underneath.

You know, I carefully looked at those parts and decided mine was in good shape. I had the heater treater part, but the reindexing just seemed like more than I wanted to do. Apparently a big mistake on my part. Upon closer inspection, the blend motor is working, but barely turning the blend door shaft. Here's the good news. It's in the "cool" position, so I don't have to deal with this until fall :-).

Did you replace the connector between the blend door and the actuator motor? The motor has to be re indexed if it slipped in the old coupling or other wise got rotated out of place. If you did the heatertreater deal, it should have been in the instructions. The resister is near the blower motor on the bottom of the hvac box, drivers side of the blower. If you have a Haynes manual or a FSM(downloadable here)either will show you the exact location. The good news is you dont need to remove the hvac box to get to them. Both are accessible from underneath.

You know, I carefully looked at those parts and decided mine was in good shape. I had the heater treater part, but the reindexing just seemed like more than I wanted to do. Apparently a big mistake on my part. Upon closer inspection, the blend motor is working, but barely turning the blend door shaft. Here's the good news. It's in the "cool" position, so I don't have to deal with this until fall :-).

I love your optimism. Never hurts to find the good in a screw up. Lord knows i have had to do my share.:doh:

Well, lets call this one done! Many thanks to dripley and mopar1973man for their help and advice. Each time I complete a job with the help of this forum, I make a donation the the Mopar1973Man website. I encourage others to do the same. Eric

Well at least you don't have to pull the HVAC to fix that... :wink:

• Like 2