• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just added CRE Rocker flares to my 05

Thought I would throw in a couple pics of my recent rocker flare install. I have had these on my last few pickups and I like them a lot with the amount of gravel I drive the running boards I had on this rig were totally trashed by gravel so back to flares I went.

post-10023-1386982018_thumb.jpg

post-10023-138698201814_thumb.jpg

I have never even seen those things before.So they keep gravel from being thrown up and chipping your paint.:thumbup2:I have seen some folks actually paint the lower parts of their side panels with bed liner paints. (up the whole area where your silver paint is.) This stuff is pretty thick and rugged. Then they have painted a finish color over it so it doesn't just show the black color.I don't know how this approach would compare to your solution but I have though at times that I might be interested in applying the bedliner approach to keep the rock chips in control.

I have never even seen those things before. So they keep gravel from being thrown up and chipping your paint.:thumbup2: I have seen some folks actually paint the lower parts of their side panels with bed liner paints. (up the whole area where your silver paint is.) This stuff is pretty thick and rugged. Then they have painted a finish color over it so it doesn't just show the black color. I don't know how this approach would compare to your solution but I have though at times that I might be interested in applying the bedliner approach to keep the rock chips in control.

I have thought about the spray on liner but our gravel has a clay base to it and it sticks better than super glue and dries hard as concrete and when it has a rough surface like spray on liner to adhere to it is near impossible to clean off plus these help keep the heavy stuff underneath and not sprayed up the whole side.

where did you snag those?

A local store carries them but are going to drop them as they doubled in price in the last year and demand fell off for them and at nearly 300 bucks it will be the last set I buy also.
  • Like 1

• Staff

Will they support any weight?They look like they could be killer on shins. Those are expensive! My truck didn't come with mud flaps and my rockers were hammered. I added dura flap mud flaps last year and if the mud pattern is any indication of there effectiveness its about a 95% solution. They offer a lot better coverage than the OEM flaps on my dad's 06.

Will they support any weight? They look like they could be killer on shins. Those are expensive! My truck didn't come with mud flaps and my rockers were hammered. I added dura flap mud flaps last year and if the mud pattern is any indication of there effectiveness its about a 95% solution. They offer a lot better coverage than the OEM flaps on my dad's 06.

They are not steps, buy I have had people step on them they are just 2 sided tape and screws holding them up, I had one crack from someone steping on it once. My wife and I do not have any issues with hitting our shins on them but we are both taller people. Problem with flaps is the bigger they get the more chance they have of getting torn off, deep snow and ice and mud build up hanging on them weighing them down and rough roads and country section lines, over the years I have kept to average sized molded flaps and found in my driving conditions last the longest with less damage.

Yeah I don't have any shin issues being 6'4'', but I have 3 little kids so it came to mind. I have looked into Rhino lining on my rockers and it's a lot more $$ than these are.

You can buy a gallon of the Rhino type liner material. I know a person that put it on his rockers himself using the small 2-3 inch wide paint rollers. Taped a line (using paint line tape) and rolled from the bottom of the body up to the tape line. He prepped everything (cleaned and degreased and scuffed up the paint). Don't really know how much time he had in it but he finished it in one weekend. I thought it looked really good and that inspired me into thinking that is what I want to do some day in the near future. He left it the black color and it was a nice contrast look.

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy a gallon of the Rhino type liner material. I know a person that put it on his rockers himself using the small 2-3 inch wide paint rollers. Taped a line (using paint line tape) and rolled from the bottom of the body up to the tape line. He prepped everything (cleaned and degreased and scuffed up the paint). Don't really know how much time he had in it but he finished it in one weekend. I thought it looked really good and that inspired me into thinking that is what I want to do some day in the near future. He left it the black color and it was a nice contrast look.

Might have to try this! The bottom of my front doors are all chipped up, and the black might be a good contrast with the red.. There is a clear material out there too, it's for the same application , but I'm not sure where to buy it from?

Another reason for these is that with the amount of muddy gravel I drive, without these the mud packs into the area between the bottom of the door and rocker/kick panel and I have had times where it was at freezing temps and the mud froze in that area and I could hardly get the doors open. As I stated before I would love to do bed liner but the rough course texture is a magnet for our clay based gravel mud which goes on like slime that sticks like glue and dries like concrete and if it has a rough surface like bed liner it takes a lot of pressure washing to get it to come off. If I had a pavement queen or dry gravel roads like a majority it would be perfect for protection but not for my conditions.