• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cigarette lighter and power port

Has anyone pulled their lighter or power port? The FSM says there are 2 tabs in them you depress with snap ring pliers from the inside. I seem to feel something like that in there, but have not been successful in removing either of them. All I have done is booger them up. :shrug:

they're really a PITA. but the tabs are plastic, black and hard to see if you aren't looking for them.If you can, pull the dash bezel off and look at the back of them. It'll make sense, but won't make it any easier LOLI use a little 'pick tool' to get them apart.edit: well, on the early 2G trucks, they come out with the bezel. I just realized yours is the late style.

Well I have seen the black tabs, kind of rectangular i think. Definitely cant get at them by removing anything on the front. bet I could have seen them when the dash was out though. Sounds like I picking at the right tabs so I guess I will keep trying.

Well this is going to sound bone headed but I took my snap ring pliers and tried to depress them, never tried prying them up:doh:. As you said they are hard to see but I could not feel anything to pry up on. I will give that a try this week end.