• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

electric brake INOP on my truck's trailer 7 ways

my dad and I bought a 7x12 enclosed trailer for Harleys towing, moving stuffs, and else what my family and I need to use on our trailer... my dad and I had noticed that our trailer don't have stop feeling when apply the brake. the trailer has electric brake system and the trailer shop where we did bought from, they did tested and it is worked. I has aftermarket electric brake controller (it was used as RV towing business by previous owner).. it do work as turn signal and brake lights. it has ground and power to 7 pins connectors but problem is I has the 7 pins connector tester and when my dad push the button on controller, the tester show either no or very little dim... I am wonder if anyone have a wiring pictures to show what it is supposed to be...

It sounds to me like you are going to need to inspect the wiring from the controller to the plug. You probably have some corrosion at a connection most likely at the plug. It will allow some voltage through, but not enough to do what it is supposed to do.

• Owner

All too often people chop up the trailer wiring for one reason or another. I suggest you take a peek under the truck check the rear for slices or scotch-loc's and then do the same in the cab. I know these trucks can with a trailer brake controller pigtail you can get from the dealer for your controller. Double check that someone didn't get lazy and chop up the cab wiring for it.