• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

long cranking/surging at idle

Last week i was drivin down a bumpy gravel road when all of a sudden my fuel pressure gauge hits 0 and "quits working"

Didnt think a thing about it. Drove home and parked it for 5 days while on vacation. Came back today, started just fine, first crank like always. Drove 20 miles and parked. 3 hours later i try to start it and it cranks for 3-4 seconds before starting perfectly. Trucks idle is slighty bouncing around and having a slight surge every once in a while. What should i check? Sorry im not the most techically gifted. I have a smarty and its set on level 2.

Other info in sig

what makes this a 911 situation is the amount of travelling i have been doing, and will need to continue doing for the next couple of months!

i will go out and check the codes in a minute and report back here, shouldve done that to begin with :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

Just figured out my airdog isnt working. Turn the key and cant hear it "growl" like it normally does. Any pointers? Was on the truck when i bought it so im clueless

- - - Updated - - -

Just figured out my airdog isnt working. Turn the key and cant hear it "growl" like it normally does. Any pointers? Was on the truck when i bought it so im clueless

started at the pump tracing wires... shouldve worked the other way around because it ended up being the crimp on the ground connector was broken and dangling beside the battery. fixed it up in 2 minutes and everything is all good now!

of course i always fear the worst in my mind after dealing with my 6.0 for 3 years... (its gone now :smart:) glad it was a cheap free fix! 3 cent piece that i have hundreds of fixed her right up :thumb1:

thanks guys