• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P0205 and P0607 Codes, Rough Running.

azpyroguy

Few things going on here...2007 Ram CTD 6.7, 3500.91,000 miles, and just over 5 years old.Consistently serviced, tech even said its the cleanest engine he has seen yet to date. Looked brand new under the valve cover. Of course, I maintain it properly!!!! 1. Immediately after I got a full tank of diesel from Safeway, within 1.2 miles, my trucks dash lit up like a Xmas tree, and threw these codes at me. 2. I noticed that during the fill the diesel was far more foamy than what I normally see from ULSD.3. I used the diagnosis on this site for injector #5, and found that it was fluctuating from .9 to 1.2 ohms, and the rest of them were 1.0 ohms flat. 4. I checked (as much as I could) the valve cover gasket, it looked OK. 5. Reassembled and test started it, ran OK for about 5 seconds, then back to rough Idle, with codes. Finally had it towed to dealer. 1. They say they tested fuel at the injection pump for contamination, I personally don't think that was the right place and the tank should have been drained, but were too lazy to do deal with a full 35 gallons. They "say" it looks OK, but since that's is after the filter, of course it may be OK. We need to see what is BEFORE the filter, and from the bottom of the tank. I'd like to prove them wrong here. 2. They say my valve cover gasket is shorting out at the pass thru to ground, and it fried my ECM. I believe them that the gasket may have gone to hell, but not likely taking out the ECM. After searching I found that this was a common problem, and not one single person said their ECM got fried. That to me is a design error, and if Dodge has a test for it (and it looks like they do) they know about this problem.. .right now Dodge is not admitting they know of this... as they do with everything, until significant pressure is put on them to admit their is a problem. 3. I would think that as expensive these ECMS are and how advanced they are, a protection circuit on a high voltage output to injectors would exist, and if there is a problem, it shuts down that circuit. Ok, so what I asking here is for help on this. A. Proper fuel sample process to get from bottom of tank. B. Could this gasket that is a known issue that shorts out take out and ECM. C. Could bad fuel take out a injector. D. Is .9 to 1.2 odd readings, and is 1.0 a high reading for the others? Just looking for ammo to fire back at Dodge on this....

Ok the first thing to do is never go in there and give them attitude. That will ____ them off right away and won't help you at all. Is the truck under warranty?If you got a tank of bad fuel, how would that be dodge's fault? As far as what codes you have, your number 5 injector is bad or the wiring of the valve cover is bad. It will be easy to find if you ohm out the injector and ohm out the wiring unhooked. The injector should not be over 1 ohm. Any one over will cause problems. A bad tank of fuel will never cause the electrical problems your having with the injector. I actually just worked on a truck last week with a #3 injector that ohmed out at 1.7 ohms. The ecm code is, well the ecm is screwed. I have never heard of a valve cover gasket taking out the ecm. What test are you talking about that that proves dodge knows about the bad wiring? And as far as circuit protection, I know the tipm uses whats called high side drivers to knock out power if there is ever a short, but I'm not sure the ecm does this also.

Hi - I think you might have missed what I was saying, if it was fuel I was not saying it was Dodges Fault, nor did I go to the dealer with an attitude or take an attitude with Chrysler. As for warranty goes technically its out, by a few months, but I am still under my 100k miles, and am the original owner, and this is my 6th Dodge/Mopar. I have had a Stealth RT, Durango, LHS, SRT-10 Viper, SRT-8 Challenger 392 (still have) and this truck. All of which were brand new, and never used my warranties on. I was hoping and thanks for confirming that the TIPM would cut power at the high side drivers which is where the tech was saying there was no power at when it would short out. As for the code 0607 I was doing some more research on this and found that it will get set automatically on the setting of injector circuit open code 0201-0206, of which one that condition is resolved, and the codes are cleared it should go away. I think this is my case as before took it in, I would wiggle the wires, button it back up, clear the codes, and it would run good for a few seconds, then that wire would short out, the codes would set, and it would start all over again. I just need to get the tech to put a new gasket in, button it up, clear the codes and try it. I am willing to bet it would be just fine.

Ok the first thing to do is never go in there and give them attitude. That will ____ them off right away and won't help you at all. Is the truck under warranty? If you got a tank of bad fuel, how would that be dodge's fault? As far as what codes you have, your number 5 injector is bad or the wiring of the valve cover is bad. It will be easy to find if you ohm out the injector and ohm out the wiring unhooked. The injector should not be over 1 ohm. Any one over will cause problems. A bad tank of fuel will never cause the electrical problems your having with the injector. I actually just worked on a truck last week with a #3 injector that ohmed out at 1.7 ohms. The ecm code is, well the ecm is screwed. I have never heard of a valve cover gasket taking out the ecm. What test are you talking about that that proves dodge knows about the bad wiring? And as far as circuit protection, I know the tipm uses whats called high side drivers to knock out power if there is ever a short, but I'm not sure the ecm does this also.

Definitely was diesel. I forgot to mention that it foamed excessively. I know that ULSD foams, but this time it was excessive enough for me to question it, but my dash lit up before I even had a chance to test it.I already have a claim in with the station/company.