• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HE351cw on a 12v

I know someone here (JonFAK?) ran a 351cw on a 12v (pre-twins).A: what did you do for the wastegate control? remove/plug the solenoid and add a boost elbow?B: What was needed for the charge pipe from turbo outlet to intercooler?C: Downpipe?D: Was it worth it (swap from HX35 to HE351) on a very mildly modded setup?

• Staff

I am pretty sure John's truck is a 24V. Anyhow, when putting the HE351CW on anything but a 04.5-07 you put a blockoff plug in the command valve port and the wastegates operates like any wastegate. You can also leave the command valve installed and unplugged. The intake tube will be truck specific. The exhaust will need a 03-07 downpipe. The HE351CW should spool a little slower, but move more air. The small turbine housing will be good on a 12V with their lower flowing head.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure John's truck is a 24V. Anyhow, when putting the HE351CW on anything but a 04.5-07 you put a blockoff plug in the command valve port and the wastegates operates like any wastegate. You can also leave the command valve installed and unplugged. The intake tube will be truck specific. The exhaust will need a 03-07 downpipe. The HE351CW should spool a little slower, but move more air. The small turbine housing will be good on a 12V with their lower flowing head.

I have the 07 dp but need a vband for it. on the move...