• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
cummin-get-it

Can valves need adjusted if crank case breather has a good amount of white smoke?

i drove my truck for about a half an hour the other day and noticed a good amount of smoke coming from the breather, it hadnt done it this bad all summer. usually a little haze, but it has also droped down from 70 degrees in the morning to around 50. it also doesnt do it until i drive for about 30 minutes, and havent lost any oil in the last 1000 miles (last oil change). truck has 245,xxx on it so they probably need adjusted anyway. any answers would be greatly apreciated.

Cylinder wear or piston ring wear will cause blowby issues. Compression test will spot if you have issues. As for blow by are you losing any oil from the breather? This is normal...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HB3yIoWPLY

no loss of oil or fuel in the oil, and it looks just like that video. except this morning it was around 50 degrees out and it seemed alot worse. I am just real paranoid i guess! thank you.

Saw a video. Guy claims that if you remove the oil fill cap and just set it in place without screwing it down, blow by will cause the cap to flutter. No blow by and the cap stays motionless.