• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can valves need adjusted if crank case breather has a good amount of white smoke?

i drove my truck for about a half an hour the other day and noticed a good amount of smoke coming from the breather, it hadnt done it this bad all summer. usually a little haze, but it has also droped down from 70 degrees in the morning to around 50. it also doesnt do it until i drive for about 30 minutes, and havent lost any oil in the last 1000 miles (last oil change). truck has 245,xxx on it so they probably need adjusted anyway. any answers would be greatly apreciated.

Cylinder wear or piston ring wear will cause blowby issues. Compression test will spot if you have issues. As for blow by are you losing any oil from the breather? This is normal...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HB3yIoWPLY

no loss of oil or fuel in the oil, and it looks just like that video. except this morning it was around 50 degrees out and it seemed alot worse. I am just real paranoid i guess! thank you.