• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The land of bounty!

hex0rz

Took an evening trip up into the forest, hoping to see an elk, bear or deer to poke or shoot. Alot of out of staters coming in the area.. :think:I want our grounds back!No sign of animal, elk were all shut up, did not wanna bugle. Ran into some other hunters, said there has been wolf in the area. :banghead:Yellow jackets have been a NIGHTMARE. Sounds like the forest is ALIIIIVE!So instead of going home empty handed, we looked for another form of food. Drove down a very frequented road only to find GOBS of it! Amazing how many people go up and down it and never even give it a thought!Shaggy meins! I filled a 5 gallon bucket with these! :hyper: You gotta be quick though, as they will ink out on you in nothing flat. Managed to give some away and lost the majority of them. Had a great dinner with them this evening though. Steak, mushrooms, onion, potatos! :drool:As it would have it, little do many people know about another food. The elderberry! Right along alot of the forest roads, you will see them. We ended up picking 20 3/4lbs. of elderberry after de-stemming them!Were gonna take half of it and make wine, then the other half will be syrup, and jelly.As luck would have it, we also once again ran into another bountiful food! It was the last spot we hit that was just a jackpot for elderberries. Mixed in, wild rose bushes!It was starting to get dark on us, so we only got a limited amount. We could have easily filled a gallon jug of rose hips in short time!We're gonna take those and make teas, more than likely as its packed with vitamin C! If we get another chance, I might consider making a wine out them as well...I shoulda taken some pictures, but I was a little pre-occupied about processing all of it.We also ended up running over a snowshoe when we got back onto pavement... :duh:I guess its something.. I would have rather preferred a good grouse, but they were not on the roads...Rabbit was too small to eat and no good after hitting him with a 3/4 ton. Although, I did a pretty good job as I was able to preserve the hide so I can tan it here pretty soon.So, all in all a pretty good trip! Hopefully I can get something next week when I go camping and fill the FREEZAH! :ahhh:

Don't even know if I will get a hunting license this year. Grouse are at the lowest part of their 11 year cycle here, so they are a lot more difficult to shoot. I do have lots of rabbits in my yard though.......