• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Water Pump

Took a run up to deer camp today and when I slowed down my truck sounded like a bunch of tree frogs chirping.I popped the hood but couldn't really tell where the noise was coming from. When I left a few hours later and the truck had cooled down it sounded normal.When I turned down my road it was chirping again, must just be when it heats up it chirps.After it cooled down at home I took the belt off and checked everything out. Everything seemed tight and felt good when spinning it around except the water pump.It doesn't leak nor am I loosing fluid but it has a little "wiggle" to it when moving it up or down. When you spin it doesn't have any drag or noise to it.What do you think a bad water pump.

Since the water pump is so inexpensive and easy to change why not just change it and eliminate it as a possible cause? Also, since there is some movement in the shaft then it probably is not long for this world......

• Like 1

:lol: You think thats bad? My mother in laws car had a water pump going out. You could hear that thing a block away! One day, she pulls into the driveway and at that moment, the pump finally gave out and she lost the pulley and belt!Took the pump off and that impeller was something else! Had all sorts of gouging and everything.