• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Not finding Pilot bearing/ bushing

So I am changing a clutch on my 2001 5 spd 4wd and the old pilot bushing failed and exploded which caused the clutch to fail. the issue I am having is that my flywheel has a 6205nse c3 bearing machined into it, which has a 0.9525" (25mm) id and the needle bearing that came with my new clutch has a 1.0025 od, doesn't seem to want to go- also the bushing that exploded was just a brass bushing and not a needle bearing. the guys at Napa who are usually pretty good are stumped and say they haven't seen this application on this truck before. this suckscan anyone help?

As far as I know all the stock flywheels use THIS bearing, and most aftermarket ones use THIS heavier duty bearing.

i looked at that "heavier duty 16352rs and it is quite a bit smaller od than the one that I pulled out of my flywheel. it looks like the ID on the 1635 2rs will fit directly on the pilot shaft, where as the bearing I have appears to need a new bushing. this is all very confusing.