• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

dash replace ment

What kind of guidance are you looking for? Removing the dash is covered in the first part of this articlehttp://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/27-hvac-heating-ventalation-and-air-conditioning/57-air-conditioning-evaporator-core-heater-core-replacement. You don have o drain anything, you just need to get the dash loose and away from the windshield on the passenger side. I replaced mine a year ago and did this little write up on the dash and hvac box rebuild.http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/6792-new-dash-and-hvac-box-rebuild. Hope this will help.

thanks i looked all over this fourm for a artical on it i musta missed it

- - - Updated - - -

2 questions i do have to to replace the cap the air bag has to bee took out i know to unhook the battery for 15 min to make sure it discharged but how does it come out of its slot is it clipped or screwed in and tha duct work screwes to the cap too how do i accomplish this

thanks i looked all over this fourm for a artical on it i musta missed it

- - - Updated - - -

2 questions i do have to to replace the cap the air bag has to bee took out i know to unhook the battery for 15 min to make sure it discharged but how does it come out of its slot is it clipped or screwed in and tha duct work screwes to the cap too how do i accomplish this

This might tax my 60 year old brain but as I remember you take the glove box door out and it uncovers the bolts holding the air bag at the bottom and I believe it fits into slots or snaps in at the top. As for the duct work it moves forward with when you pull the dash back and it is just a matter of replacing the screws. I had the advantage of the hvac box being removed and it gave me a lot of extra room. I am assuming your heater and ac are working fine, if not this would be a good time to consider rebuilding the box.

Another item that would help you is a copy of the FSM. It is available in the down load section here. It will help with other things you might encounter. It definitely helped me with this and other issues I have dealt with.