• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alarm randomly goes off when unlocking.

Once or twice per week my alarm will go off when unlocking. Thought it might be the key fob, changed batteries, used only the key to unlock, but it still triggered the alarm every once in a while. Hitting lock will shut it off, then I can unlock it without it going off again. Anyone else have this issue? Truck batteries are good too. Is there a way to disable the factory alarm? I'm sure my neighbors love the wake up call, although I'm not sure how much louder the horn is than the actual truck, ha! Thanks.

these things for some reason go haywire in the electrical system. Mine sometimes the headlights wont go off after i hit the lock button or sometimes the cargo light will come on and stay on. I found if you disconnect the batter for about 5 mins with the key on to completly discharge the system it will act nice for a while.

While a bit relieved I'm not the only one, it's a bit of a bummer that this seems to be somewhat common. I have no recollection if the passenger side key will trigger it, something I will keep an eye out for, as well as the steering wheel situation. Does anyone else's only go for 3 honks? I don't know if I have ever let it go that long as I am usually frantically trying to shut it off before I wake everyone up in the complex. Well, before I wake them up by starting the truck...oh well. I'm almost tempted to disconnect the horns and bypass the computer or whatever controls the alarm altogether, and just wire the steering wheel straight to the horns. This it the only goofy thing this truck does, besides a random ABS flash every once in a while.