• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quick Questions

1. When does the stock programming start to de-fuel at what rpm and/or what boost level?

2. Sorta goes with question one in a sense, but if I am to wind out the gears in my truck (NV5600) to get up to speed, what is the best rpm to shift at and/or not go over when going WOT?

not sure but i think its like 2800. and it defeuls. as for boost without a fooler or programmer i think you'll see like 20-23 PSI is all it will let it build.

again I'm not positive on those numbers but i'm close.

if it were me and doing WOT runs i would shift at or around 2500 mark. that way next gear is right in the sweet spot of the torque. i would think anyhow.

• Staff

I just did a little research and it seems stock boost should be around 20.5 psi and the wastegate is set for 26, I would guess the defuel is in conjunction or just above the wastegate setting. That is for a HO, the SO will make the same boost but the WG is set at 23.

Mine is sitting at 21psi but I have my wategate unhooked from the elbow and where the elbow was there is now a plug. Soon to have a boost elbow installed, just curious.

My main concern I guess now is the defuel table to our trucks on stock setting.