• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Problem with new hard drive in Acer computer

davbell22602

What do you mean rebooting, is it starting windows and then rebooting, or stuck in the bios boot up screen? If it is getting any where with windows it is reading the hard drive, but I doubt it would finish on different hardware? If not, the controllers are very cheap, I added one to my Dell, cause I needed a 3rd SATA port for my RAID and a SATA CD/DVD Burner.

it boots up flashes a blue screen then continues booting up then reboots at the black screen where the windows xp logos for getting ready to start windows and keeps repeating itself.

So you are seeing the XP logo? If you are, then the HD is working. Try putting the other HD in the Acer that is working, and see if maybe you got a bad HD, even if it is new?

• 2 months later...

Well you just proved the T180 is fine and so is the new hard drive... But as for the other computer it does have a controller problem. You could buy just a controller card (SATA) and disable the on board controller and use the add on.

This the controller card a PC Repair Shop item or can I get it at Office Max or Staples? Well after talking to another tech he wants to try to put in the other computer. He thinks I didnt hook it up right. The old harddrive in the T160 was hooked up using the old style white 4 pin power plug and 1in wide black sata plug. Thats how I hooked up the new 300gb also. The 300gb hooked up in the T180 using the little 1/2in. wide black power plug and 1in wide black sata plug.