• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible Causes Of Blow By

washout996

just over 1300 miles since using the Gel, and all is still well. My fuel mileage has dropped a little, but to be honest I may be driving a little more aggressively. I'm ready to take the dive and rebuild if I need to, so I'm going to test this stuff to the fullest. I have seen very slight wisps of white smoke coming from the blowby tube while idling at normal temp, but the wisps are spuradic and nothing even remotely close to the chugging I had before using the Gel.

I won't keep bugging everybody by posting every week, but anybody who wants know the current progress can email me at rwc779@gmail.com and I'll be happy to let you know how it's going. I'm not quite ready to call this stuff a miracle cure, but I have to admit that at this early stage of the game it appears to be all Cer-Tech claims it to be. Thanks to all who replied, and feel free to email me if you want to know how it's going.

• Like 1

I wonder if this  stuff is  comparable to  'Restore'.    I  think  that  stuff  has  powdered  graphite   that  jams  up  under  everything...   but   Restore  washes  out  during   oil change.. 

This  'gel'   probably acts  more like  MUD..       mopartech    hit the nail  with the  oiling  cooling jets.    I wonder how long  it'll be  before the  turbo no longer turns.

It's  probably a  fantastic  product  to  dump in a  vehicle  for  a  quick sale...   and   possibly   a  few  thousand  'free' miles....   or  may be  the  next-best thing  to  sliced bread!

• 4 weeks later...

Truck had about 1700 miles since adding the Gel when I sold it. I told the new owner everything, and even pulled up this thread and let him read it. I asked him to keep in touch and let me know how it worked out, but that's been a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since he drove away, so I doubt he will follow through.

Is Cer-Tech Gel snake oil ? Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that it worked on this particular truck, or at least it appears to have worked. There was no smell or visible smoke from blowby on the day I sold the truck. If you laid the oil cap on the engine with it running, it would still cause it to rattle and jump a little, but it wouldn;t blow it off the top of the motor anymore.

I wouldn't recommend using it just for the quick sell of a truck, That's bad business and can bring all kinds of bad Ju-Ju, and if you do sell, make sure to tell the buyer. In fact, I wouldnt' recommend using it at all unless you are fully prepared to shell out the cash for a complete rebuild, in that case you'll have nothing to loose other than the money you spend on the Gel. If you do use it, by all means let folks know how it works out.

All that having been said, I hope this thead was helpful. Thanks to all that commented.