• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pop/miss At Certain Throttle Position

flyingf

• Staff

In stock form they will hit 1450° WOT towing or racing, but they run about 600-800° cruising. Cruise at 1100°-1400° is NOT normal.

The turbo is bigger, which means it's harder to light and get the flow moving. That size turbo is good for street driving and such, but runs hot when towing and cruising. Bigger turbos generally run hotter at cruise and partial throttle, and once additional fuel is given they run cooler. Even with the cam a 14cm housing is not good for cruise/light towing EGT's, it needs fuel to keep cool.

Anytime you tune a 04.5-07 with a tuner that adds timing your safe EGT number decreases, as you are putting more heat into the piston and less into the exhaust. I personally use 1250° as my max continuous and 1300° as my momentary max.. that's on a truck that would see 1450° stock.

• Like 1

Anytime you tune a 04.5-07 with a tuner that adds timing your safe EGT number decreases, as you are putting more heat into the piston and less into the exhaust. I personally use 1250° as my max continuous and 1300° as my momentary max.. that's on a truck that would see 1450° stock.

:thumb1:  :thumb1:  :cool:

This is due to the "narrower" spray angle of the stock injectors.  That coupled with the increased timing and duration these tuners allow;  essentially creates a "blow torch" from the injected fuel on top of an aluminum piston. :2cents:

Me personally……I like to keep it under 1100*.  One time towing a loaded car hauler into a 35mph head wind in -10*F weather;  my pyro was reading a continuous 1000*F trying to keep the truck at 60mph.

• Staff

Please elaborate on this! (your theory) And, are you saying egt or combustion chamber temp is higher?

A larger turbo takes more exhaust to drive and spool, at cruise their is insufficient exhaust so there is less airflow from the compressor. This leads to less air in the cylinder and a hotter burn.

Me personally……I like to keep it under 1100*.  One time towing a loaded car hauler into a 35mph head wind in -10*F weather;  my pyro was reading a continuous 1000*F trying to keep the truck at 60mph.

The highest sustained EGT's I have seen was doing 65-67 at 5-6K feet, towing a TT at 18K combined on a 80° day with a 30mph headwind. I was running 1150-1175° continuous.

Ok guys. Need info quick!! I took valve cover off. Checked voltage at injector and at harness connector. 1,2,3 voltage 11 to 12. 4,5,6 17 to 18. Tested while under load( power brake) all injectors increased voltage as supposed to but still had the 6 to 7 volt spread. Whats going on? Is this normal? Checked valve cover seal inj harness all has same ohms. All

Inj post to post is 1.5 to 1.6 ohm.